Friday, September 12, 2008

September Morning

Sorry this post is coming a little early, but maybe semi-quarterly is better anyway. Today I decided that working on Fridays for sure is not cool. When I get home at nine all my friends are already out doing something cool and it's too late for me to join, kind of like coming at halftime and expecting to play. All I know is that this semester is going to be ridiculous - I really didn't think 17 credits would be hard at all, but it turns out that when they're all hard classes it can be kind of taxing. Two chemistry classes, calculus (the easiest of my classes), Russian, and two chemistry labs. I actually love it though compared to not having enough to think about. I also am working 20 hours per week which is good for me. Thursday night I went to bed at 5:00 in the morning and woke up at 7:00 for class, I had to do a big fat presentation in Russian the next day. To top it all off there are cool people that live all around and they all like to stay up until 1:00 A.M. everynight and try to not let me sleep. Despite the busyness (as opposed to business) life is amazing when you have good roommates. We've already been fishing, tubing down the canal, and all kinds of cool stuff. Basically the point of this post is to say that college is good and I like it.
P.S. The only horrible thing that happened was the other day on the way to work. I had the tubes I borrowed from someone to float down the river on in the car and I think it got to hot and next thing you know one of them straight exploded. It was quite sad.

3 comments:

C.J. said...

Did the exploding freak you out? I can picture it, if it did and I am laughing my face off! Good luck with all your hard classes.

Karli said...

now I know why I haven't heard from you in two weeks. I am glad you have had some time for recreational activities. I am glad you have time for a little b-ball, next time remember your new b-day watch and cell phone. Give me a call or text when you have a moment.

Lisel said...

I'm glad you're having fun in college. Sorry about your tubes, that's funny though. Maybe we'll see you again someday.