Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I am officially almost a real bum

I'm home now. It's not quite as fun as the last two weeks have been, but I suppose I'll manage. It was a long trip from Venice to Salt Lake, via Bristols, Holyhead, Dublin and New York on planes, trains, automobiles and ferries but I finally made it.
That' s Holyhead, England and the ferry I caught from there
The best part was on Friday night when I arrived late at night in Bristols, England. I didn't want to pay for a hostel so I went to the train station and thought I'd spend the night there. Everything was great as I slept in the warm, waiting room all alone; and then the stinking janitor booted me out at about 1:30 A.M. I went outside and slept on a bench close to the train station, I saw alot of interesting people. At about 3:00 all of the clubs started shutting down so all the drunk kids started to join me on benches and on the ground all around the station. So now I can say I've done it - I've been a homeless person for a night. I think that's the only interesting thing I have to say about the end of a good vacation.

No comments: